winecroft.com is a website operated by Winecroft Ltd (hereinafter “We,” “Our,” “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10842562 and have our registered office at 2nd Floor 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, United Kingdom, W1W 5PF.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy applies to your use of the Winecroft website.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
This policy relates to Our compliance with (i) the Data Protection Act 1998 while it remains in effect until it is replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) on 25 May 2018; or (ii) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; or (iii) any successor legislation to the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) or the Data Protection Act 1998 (hereinafter “Data Protection Legislation”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, where you provide information directly to Us, the data controller is Winecroft Ltd of 2nd Floor 167-169 Great Portland Street, London, United Kingdom, W1W 5PF. Where We receive information about you from a third party, We are the data processor.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Us (Submitted information): This is information you give Us about you by filling in forms on the website, or by corresponding with Us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you download and register on the Website, subscribe to any of Our services, search for an Website or service, make an in-Website purchase, share data via an Website’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with a Website, Our services, or Our Site. If you contact us, We will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give Us may include your name, your name, age, address, e-mail address and phone number, password and other registration information as well as financial and credit card information.
- Information We collect about you and your device. Each time you visit or use the Website We will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and time zone setting, (Device Information);
- details of your use of any of our Websites or your visits to the Site including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- Information We receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, customers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies), and they may provide information about you to Us.
- Single sign-on. We may receive your personal details from a third party Single sign-on authentication service.
We retain personal data for as long as We reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, We take into consideration contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of Our customers. When We no longer need personal data, We securely delete or destroy it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you to:
- deliver to you the services available through the Website;
- ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your device;
- provide you, with information, products or services, only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, or between Us and a third party;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website and the services, when you choose to do so;
- maintain, protect and improve the Website; and
- notify you about changes to the Website or any of the services.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers, but We may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about Our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if We or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- in order to:
- enforce End User Licence Agreements and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect Our rights, property or safety and that of Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
When We transfer personal data from the EEA to other countries which do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, We take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please Contact Us
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by Us or Our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Certain services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to request access to, deletion of, or correction of your personal data, or request that your personal data be transferred to another person.
To exercise these rights please Contact Us.
You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, and the body responsible for data protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Website or the services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.
We want to be clear about Our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and We encourage you to Contact Us at any time with questions comments, concerns, or requests.