2020 Orben Rioja

Rioja Spain

Medium-Bodied

£39.00 now, and £39.00 on the 15th of each month

A wonderful modern style red Rioja

Success!

You succesfully amended your subscription box.

Not possible

You can not amend your subscription box to have less than 4 different wines.

First payment: 15th June 2024

SKU: Orben Rioja 2020 Categories: ,

    Free Delivery for 5 bottles or more

    Structured and Poised

    Grape Variety

    100% Tempranillo

    Sweetness

    Dry

    Alcohol

    14.5%

    Winemaking

    Classic

    Winecroft Style Meter
    Flavour Characteristics

    Black Cherry Black Cherry

    Black Plum Black Plum

    Blackberry Blackberry

    Leather Leather

    Pencil Shavings Pencil Shavings

    Smoke Smoke

    Tobacco Tobacco

    Vanilla Vanilla

    Rioja is Spain’s fine wine capital, a region characterised by rich tradition and innovation for over a century and a half.  Its high-altitude, clay/limestone soils and continental climate provide perfect conditions for growing fine wine.

    Orben is an exciting estate in Rioja Alavesa, which aims to produce a single-estate Rioja to rival the best of the region. The Antón family owns 75% of the property, with the remaining 25% split between 50 of Spain’s top restaurateurs, all friends of the family who share a common passion for fine food and wine.  Orben’s vines are planted at the foot of the Sierra Cantabria Mountain range in Laguardia. Their vineyards are divided into 74 parcels of bush vines, each with its own particular microclimate. The vineyards were planted between 1945 and 1954, with the low yields from these old vines giving great concentration and depth to the final wine. The winemaking team, led by Ruth Rodriguez, ensures that the Orben Rioja is distinctively modern in style, with fruit leading the way.

    Deep garnet in colour with aromas of black cherry, blackberry, leather and pencil lead. Medium bodied and juicy with a smoky finish.  It is a wine of great structure, poise, balance and length.

    How to serve it

    Room

    Pairs well with

    Olives, Jamon Serrano, and Pan con Tomate.  Manchego cheese.  Roasted or grilled red meats.

    Reviews

    There are no reviews yet.

    Be the first to review “2020 Orben Rioja”

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Members Also Liked

    Winecroft Style Meter

     

    Wine Style Meter

     

    Our ongoing quest at Winecroft is to do away with winespeak so we can talk clearly about the wine. One of the ways we achieve this is by using our Wine Style Meter, a key tool to match you with new wines we believe that you’ll love. We do this by matching the style of each wine on our list to your personal taste profile, which is established with the science-based Winecroft taste test and will evolve as you taste new wines.

    The needle on the Wine Style Meter points you towards the following wines:

    Once you settle the needle on the style of wine you like, our Wine Style Meter is a quick, clear and simple way of gauging whether you’ll like a particular wine from our wonderful winelist.

     

    Member Login

    Please enter your email address and password to login.